[TowerTalk] DC-4 or DC-5 ?

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Jul 10 02:34:08 EDT 2017

I've been using these dielectric greases for over 30 years.

For your use, it doesn't make a difference. Both are essentially
dielectric greases, not lubricants although they will serve that
purpose. You can even flood the connectors, but be warned that
"flooding" has its own problems.  Be careful with Silicones. Nothing
will stick to them.  HOWEVER , in the presence of a high voltage arc,
both will break down with one of the byproducts being SiO2 (Silicone
Dioxide = powdered quartz) a highly abrasive material.

I used to get a lot of both for a buck a 10 oz tube at the company
store.  A 10 oz tube lasts a very long time.

73, Roger (K8RI)