[TowerTalk] Bearings for Axial Load

Clay Autery cautery at montac.com
Sun Jul 16 17:15:20 EDT 2017

If "I" were going to make a plastic sleeve bearing like y'all are
talking about, I might do it as a composite.

Sandwich alternating layers of PTFE and an appropriate grade of PE (HDPE
might not be the right choice, I don't know).

I think I would cut discs of an appropriate size to match a UV
resistant/proof cylindrical container (preferably a slight interference
fit).

Press them all in and have a PTFE disc on top and bottom (exposed).
(You could even cap the cylinder on both ends with a suitable oversized
hole to clear the mast and wear tolerances.  The caps could be used for
the mounts)

THEN, machine/bore the correct diameter hole through the disc sandwich
to fit your application...

Just a swag... no real thought given to the design.  ;)

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389