[TowerTalk] 160M inv L too close to yagi ?

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Mon Jul 17 13:48:20 EDT 2017

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 02:10:52 +0000 (UTC)
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj at pacbell.net>
To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160M inv L too close to yagi ?

<Thanks guys the info on your experience with a 160M inverted L under a 40M? yagi.Much appreciated !It sounds like I should try to keep the horiz leg of the L at least 10 feet below the yagi plus
<turn the yagi so the elements are not parallel with the L.?
<I hope to have it up and running in a couple of weeks.? I will post my results.?

<thanks again !
<73,BobK6UJ

##  Its not the  40m yagi screwing up the  160m inverted L  you have to worry about.    Its the  160M inverted L  screwing up the 40m yagi !    You will want to be able to rotate the 40m yagi to any direction you choose,
and some 40m beam headings may well create or enhance  interaction.     When on 160M, sure, you could rotate the 40m yagi to minimize interaction from the 40m yagi to the 160M  inverted L.... but may well not work
the other way around.  Last thing you want is to degrade the 40m yagi...cuz of a 160m wire ant close to it.   You might want  to have any  configuration modeled in nec-4...run it past Ken  at JK ants 1st.  Some of it will
depend on how long the horz leg is on the 160M inverted L.
You might also have an option of de-tuning the 160m ant, via relayS and either  C or L  or both........ such that the 160m does not  destroy the 40m ant.

Jim   VE7RF