[TowerTalk] Adjustments to Tower Base Pier J-Bolts

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Mon Jul 24 11:54:12 EDT 2017

Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 10:40:55 -0400
From: Steve Maki <lists at oakcom.org>
To: towertalk <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Adjustments to Tower Base Pier J-Bolts

<When we stack a big self support lattice tower, we usually stick build
<the bottom section (with a small boom truck) right onto the anchor
<bolts. On big towers each leg has climbing pegs on the lower sections,
<which makes this feasible.

<Then the rest of the tower gets assembled horizontally in 60' to 100'
<sections using the boom truck and ladders. I'm talking 25' face sections
<here.

<Then the big crane comes in for a day to stack the whole thing.

<Paul might consider this method, as the slop in member holes should
<allow assembly even with the slight misalignment of the anchor bolts.

<A couple of nice long bull pins will be handy of course.

<-Steve K8LX

##  His Pirod is all welded sections, using solid legs....and solid welded braces.
So no way to stick build the bottom section...like is done on lattice towers..
using bolted braces...aka..giant meccano sets.

Jim   VE7RF