[TowerTalk] Help Request: Motorized Telescoping tower needs

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Fri Jul 28 14:00:03 EDT 2017

>  US Tower model TX-455 MDP (motorized with positive  pull-down) uses a 4 
groove pulley with the number 3V315SH stamped on it.   The bearing is 
broken.  What do you suggest?  Is the complete part  available?  Can I take it to 
some shop and get a new bearing put  in?
Hiya, Scotty --
    Generally UST uses pressed-in bearings. Most guys  use Graingers for 
these kinds of parts but you might have a good local supplier.  Take it to 
them and let them figure it out. They can probably give you more  specifics 
that you can take to Grainger or whoever if they can't help you. UST  will 
charge an arm and 2 legs for their parts so doing it yourself will be a  real 
    Then you need a machine shop to push out the old  bearing and press in 
the new one. Maybe your amazingly well equipped hobby  machine shop can do 
it. There's probably someone there that'll know all about it  too.
    Then you have to re-route the cables. Have  fun!
Steve    K7LXC

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list