[TowerTalk] Help Request: Motorized Telescoping tower needs

Dave Sublette k4to at arrl.net
Fri Jul 28 14:25:34 EDT 2017

If you have a buddy that is a car guy who has a shop, a standard press is usually part those things.  I have used my buddy’s press to change gears and rework gearboxes for rotators, etc.  It is really simple to do, once the part is out of the assembly.

Dave, K4TO
> On Jul 28, 2017, at 2:00 PM, K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk at contesting.com> wrote:
>> US Tower model TX-455 MDP (motorized with positive  pull-down) uses a 4 
> groove pulley with the number 3V315SH stamped on it.   The bearing is 
> broken.  What do you suggest?  Is the complete part  available?  Can I take it to 
> some shop and get a new bearing put  in?
> Hiya, Scotty --
>    Generally UST uses pressed-in bearings. Most guys  use Graingers for 
> these kinds of parts but you might have a good local supplier.  Take it to 
> them and let them figure it out. They can probably give you more  specifics 
> that you can take to Grainger or whoever if they can't help you. UST  will 
> charge an arm and 2 legs for their parts so doing it yourself will be a  real 
> money-saver. 
>    Then you need a machine shop to push out the old  bearing and press in 
> the new one. Maybe your amazingly well equipped hobby  machine shop can do 
> it. There's probably someone there that'll know all about it  too.
>    Then you have to re-route the cables. Have  fun!
> Cheers,
> Steve    K7LXC
> _______________________________________________
> _______________________________________________
> TowerTalk mailing list
> TowerTalk at contesting.com
> http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list