[TowerTalk] Antenna & Tower Wind Load Ratings

JVarney jvarn359 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 12:35:57 EDT 2017

Kurt,

I believe that if hams drop kilobucks on towers and antennas the
manufacturers ought
to be more forthcoming with current and proper ratings data so the ham
consumer
knows what they are getting and what works where.  In this thread we've
been
picking on antenna makers but some tower manufacturers are lacking in this
area
as well.  I won't name names but some are lacking with either no
information,
outdated information, or sometimes even non-compliant information.

The ham community is very fortunate to have someone with your depth of
experience,
knowledge and engineering skills.  Count me in as an ally in your efforts
to improve
consumer product labeling of towers and antennas so that ham consumers can
make informed choices about what works where under current standards.

Jim Varney, P.E.