[TowerTalk] HyGain 155CA dampening rope

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 21 20:48:42 EDT 2017

I have installed a number of 15 meter beams   and currently  have a 5/5/5 stack... I learned  many moons ago that especially the 155  antenna  has a  wind   resonance. on quit days with certain wind speed ( not gusty ) you can hear it sing a HIGH note...... Also from the climbed tower the 7/16 " tips   Hover  like a tuning fork.   resulting in a metal fatigue @ the face of the taper joint.... The first one I fixe for a client he thought it just slipped out of the  Hy Gain  screw type clamp.  Was a CLEAN brake   But a quick look at the manual and parts inventory proved to him   it was about 6 inches SHORT !!!   From the total length.

 Any rope will do Polly ,  cotton  cord any  rope to dampen  the vibration. as long as it sticks out the total  element length about 4 inches .

I RTV the end and install the cap...

Wayne W3EA