[TowerTalk] Mechanical weak link in leg of dipole

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jun 23 16:21:06 EDT 2017

Hi Steve,

How did you get ropes to support that wire up there?  I'm guessing it
wasn't easy. Rather than a mechanical fuse, most of us use strain relief
in the form of a pulley and weight on one end. This also minimizes the
chance that a wire or rope migh break in the wind. Every situation is
different, of course.  My high wires in trees are through a pulley on
both ends. At one end, the rope is tied off, on the other end there's a
weight. In my case, the weight is a water jug full of dry sand, about
90# (the wires are up 120 -140 ft, fed with RG-11).

73, Jim K9YC