[TowerTalk] Radials 160

jcjacobsen at q.com jcjacobsen at q.com
Tue Mar 7 11:53:36 EST 2017

Herb is looking for ways to bury radials for 160.

Pull up your favorite browser search engine and type in how to bury radials for antenna You'll get over 270,000 hits. If you can't find something there, you ain't trying.
<GRIN> Some guys have built a device to pull behind a lawn tractor to slit the grass and place the wire at the same time.

Myself, I used a gas powered lawn edger with a new blade. Mine cuts a slot abt 1 1/2" to 2" deep. Used a flat blade screwdriver to push the wire into the slot. I spread the work out over a couple weekends. It took abt 6 or 8 hours to bury 32 radials, 32' long , in the back yard. I have a "compromise" vertical for 160/75 on a city lot.

Good luck with the project.

Jake
K9WN