[TowerTalk] checking balun phasing

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Thu Mar 16 07:57:35 EDT 2017

The first and foremost was was to know that when I used the center C31XR of
a 3-stack the signals would always go down noticeably. I don't climb - the
guy that was doing my tower work at the time was Justin (to give him
credit - unfortunately I don't remember his call or last name) ... I had him
ohm it out and it was readily apparent that top and bottom were the same -
the center different. Changed all out with Balun Design units and it worked
as expected.

Gary

[as for disparaging someone - my only comment was the units I had were
indeed junk. I'm not being hyperbolic here - the connectors turned in the
housing! And then there is the one that although clearly marked was not
wired correctly. The construction once in hand is obviously a poor man's
unit not expected to be used on high power (how much I'll leave for others
to say) nor where replaceability was potentially a serious problem]