[TowerTalk] Moving a Tower

Gene K5GS k5gs at arrl.net
Thu Mar 30 10:52:57 EDT 2017

According to UST catalog, that tower weighs 430 pounds, and nests at 12
feet.....   Car flatbed would be perfect.  Hire a light duty boom tow
truck on each end to lift, or a few strong men.

I recently moved an HDX-572 from Colorado to Arizona.  20 foot car
trailer was not recommended because the tower would hang over the back,
and crossing state lines would expose us to being stopped in 3 different
states.

Hired a dedicated flatbed firm that picked it up at my former home and
took it to a storage location near the future new home. Expensive, but
painless as I was too busy moving the household goods to a temporary
residence. We thought it would take a few months to sell the mountain
home,  it sold 6 days after listing, crunch time, tower became a
distraction.

Cheers,
Gene K5GS