[TowerTalk] Moving a Tower

Mickey Baker fishflorida at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 11:01:04 EDT 2017

Joe,

I've had good luck finding people to move towers at uship.com. The secret
is to being able to describe what you're moving and to plan a way to get it
on and off the trailer. For example:

two towers - each 23 feet long, 3 feet wide, 2000#
*Total Number of Items:* 1*Total Weight:* 4880 lbs*Special Permit Required:*
 No
*On a truck or trailer:* No*Preferred truck or trailer type:* Flatbed,
Lowboy, Step Deck, Auto Carrier, Flatbed Double, Removable Gooseneck,
Stretch Flatbed, Boat trailer and timbers
*Needs assistance loading:* Yes
*Unloading equipment:* Miscellaneous Crane - Other*Needs assistance
unloading:* No

   - Item 1
   - Number of units: 2
   - Packaging: Other
   - Total item weight: 4880 lbs

   - Unit Measurements
   - Length:23 ft 6 in.
   - Width:2 ft 7 in.
   - Height:2 ft 7 in.
   - Weight:2440 lbs

Freight description:Radio towers, collapsed as described here:
http://www.ustower.com/products/hdx-series-heavy-duty-crank-up-towers-4/
Various associated attached hardware and cables not to exceed stated size
or weight. [image: Report a Violation]
*Additional Information:* Two open steel frame towers. Unloading mechanical
assistance provided. [image: Report a Violation]

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Palm Beach Gardens
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.