[TowerTalk] Polarity question..on a dipole

Doug Smith doug at w7kf.com
Fri Mar 31 17:17:01 EDT 2017

Voltage at dipole tips — it’s a kind of interesting question.

I was thinking of putting a dipole in a stand of aspen trees which I do NOT want to burn down.  There is no way to route the wires to completely avoid contact with the twig-like upper branches.  And, I do run full power.

I did find some high voltage wire by Gore that is rated at 13 KV although I’m not sure that was at RF — might have been DC.  It is insulated with PTFE.  Looked interesting..

The idea of looking at the feed point impedance of a 1 wavelength doublet for a first order approximation is a good one.  I may try modeling that, just to bring closure to my idea..

73,
Doug, W7KF