[TowerTalk] Polarity question..on a dipole

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 31 19:56:38 EDT 2017

On 3/31/17 2:17 PM, Doug Smith wrote:
> Voltage at dipole tips — it’s a kind of interesting question.
>
> I was thinking of putting a dipole in a stand of aspen trees which I
> do NOT want to burn down.  There is no way to route the wires to
> completely avoid contact with the twig-like upper branches.  And, I
> do run full power.
>
> I did find some high voltage wire by Gore that is rated at 13 KV
> although I’m not sure that was at RF — might have been DC.  It is
> insulated with PTFE.  Looked interesting..

what you want is GTO-15 Tube Sign & Ignition Cable (aka wire) - used for
wiring neon signs - typically a tough, black outer covering, dielectric
layer inside, and AWG14 wire

It *is* a bit pricey (0.50/ft?) in small quantities

It's used for wire antennas on boats, too (so you can buy it at West Marine)

They make a wide variety of flavors and colors.. all silicone, thinner
and more flexible, etc.