[TowerTalk] ROHN SSV ERECTION QUESTIONS

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Tue May 9 19:05:07 EDT 2017

It's usually a waste of time, or worse. Weep holes plug up, the base has
sitting water in it, the corrosion process is sped up.

*New* commercial towers almost never have grouted bases.

The only scenario where I see a benefit is if the tower base flange(s)
are sitting so high above the foundation that the bolts need to be
stiffened. That's a poor design or poor installation.

-Steve K8LX