[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA Rtor in LM-470?

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu May 11 16:41:41 EDT 2017

IIRC That G1000 is like a tailtwister on steroids with heavy Al
castings. It's big and fairly heavy. It looks identical to the old
Wilson rotator
An adapter plate is easy to make out of a 1/4" thick Al plate, but it
needs to be one of the harder alloys. I never had one apart. Replacement
parts?  Does Yaesu still make them?

73, Roger (K8RI)

On 5/11/2017 Thursday 2:03 PM, K0DAN wrote:
> It is pretty straightforward, altho you need the proper mounting plate
> for the rotor, and it needs to be low enough in the top section that
> it has vertical clearance.
>
> GL es 73
> dan
> k0dan
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Joe Giacobello, K2XX via TowerTalk
> Sent: May 11, 2017 12:24
> To: TowerTalk
> Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA Rtor in LM-470?
>
> I have to replace my current rotor, and I have an opportunity to buy a
> G-1000 rotor.  Does anyone know of any problems installing a G-1000 in
> an LM-470 or is it pretty much straight forward?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> 73, Joe
> K2XX

---