[TowerTalk] Self Supporting Tower Install

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Fri May 12 08:55:58 EDT 2017

I was given the option of a rectangular rebar cage intended for a 4x4x8
ft hole or a rebar cage intended for a round 5 ft diameter hole 8 ft
deep.  I found 2 sources for the round hole drilling. The less expensive
one wanted over $2000 to drill the hole and I would be responsible for
replacing any teeth on his tool if any were damaged and if he got stuck
at my tower site I was responsible for paying to get him out.

An experienced local operator dug my rectangular hole with a back hoe
for $85.

The round hole may have been more perfect but after struggling through
about a millisecond of internal debate  I chose the backhoe.

Patrick        NJ5G