[TowerTalk] Self Supporting Tower Install

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sun May 14 11:36:17 EDT 2017

  With a big enough base footprint and mass and the foundation can sit
above grade and meet the needed moment resistance.  However, these
dimensions seem like the "stock" plans that require undisturbed soil
around the concrete base.  Or backfill and compact around the form with
a rated fill, but when I looked into that for a way oversize hole
created by encountering 2 ! abandoned septic tanks, it was cheaper to
pour more concrete which counted as "undisturbed" soil.

Grant KZ1W