[TowerTalk] Cams

Martin A Flynn maflynn at theflynn.org
Mon May 29 10:33:52 EDT 2017

I sent info to the OP via direct email, along with a screen shot to
judge image quality.

My recommendation was to skip the no-name kit from offshore and browse
the auction sites for proven commercial cameras such as Axis.

We went with Axis as most of the cameras have heaters, glass windows,
powder coated cast aluminum bodies, and are set up to use Screened  UTP
cable out of the box .   The on-board web server is another plus if you
want to take a look from any PC on the LAN.

Link to screen shot:
https://isec.space/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/diana_site_camera_screen_shot.jpg

An unexpected benefit was that a  few of our newer cameras have on-board
CF card storage that run FIFO in case the DVR dies.

Martin W2RWJ