[TowerTalk] acceptable boom sag ?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Nov 2 22:24:42 EDT 2017

I truss is so simple to build and inexpensive, why are you against having
one?  I use a 300 "x .125 boom on my HB 4el 20m OWA and a truss.

John KK9A

To:	"towertalk at contesting.com" <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject:	[TowerTalk] acceptable boom sag ?
From:	Bob K6UJ <k6uj at pacbell.net>
Reply-to:	Bob K6UJ <k6uj at pacbell.net>
Date:	Thu, 2 Nov 2017 23:58:38 +0000 (UTC)

I am trying to eliminate truss wires if I can on a 4 EL 20M yagi I am
building.Using DX Engineering's Yagi Mech software I show about 5.5 inches
of
sag
on each end of the 30 foot boom.  I am using 2" OD .058"  wall tube
sectionsfor
the boom.  The 5.5 inches of sag is with the center two boom sections
sleevedto
.116"  wall thickness.  Without the sleeved center two sections the sag is
about
7.5 " on each end.  New to using this software and not sure what sag is
acceptable either.What are your thoughts ?
BobK6UJ