[TowerTalk] questions about installing a mast

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 12 06:21:18 EDT 2017

I was in the same situation back in my teens near Boston.  I installed a
self supporting tower that was 48ft next to the house.  Some would opt for a
bracketed tower next to the house but I felt uncomfortable stressing the
house.  A big piece of concrete and a well designed tower seemed better.  Of
course the power line was not in the drop one angle.  If you have any
powerline that could be touched by a falling support structure, it shouldn't
be attempted for safety reasons.

If you are less than the height of the tower distance away from your lot
line, you could have permit issues as many municipalities won't allow that
any more.

73

Ed  N1UR