[TowerTalk] Rohn 25g unguyed height

Terry Brown n7tb at comcast.net
Tue Oct 24 00:20:43 EDT 2017

I am trying to determine how high I can use a Rohn is 25g unguyed.

Here is my situation:

I want to sink a 10 ft section of Rohn 25g into 3 ft of  concrete  base. This will leave 7 ft. Above the base. I will then attach another 10 ft. Section and attach a house bracket at the 14 ft level. This will leave the second section unguyed for 3 ft above the house bracket.  How many more 10 ft. sections can I add safely above that point?  My antenna will be a Mosely TA33-Jr (27 lbs) wind surface area 5.1 sq. Ft. Windload 98 lbs at 80 mph.

Rotor is Alliance HD-73.

Thanks!

Terry