[TowerTalk] Rohn 25g unguyed height

Clay Autery KY5G at montac.com
Tue Oct 24 07:19:52 EDT 2017

Terry,

Rohn used to have a manual that included the precise answers to your
question.  Max self-supporting heights, and it also specifically
included the numbers for a tower bracketed (properly) to a structure.

Last time I looked, that manual was no longer live linked to the
website, having been replaced with a MUCH less comprehensive (aka newer)
manual.

IMHO, and I am NOT a PE...  I would NOT put ANY more 1- foot sections
above the section bracketed to your house (how is it bracketed exactly,
what is it tied to, et al) without proper guying supports with the
antenna you describe....  I would make double danged sure I have SOMEONE
willing to sign-off on the Rev. G requirements for your location, etc,
etc. before attaching that tower to my house....  IF it falls on your
house, you'll be glad you had someone, preferably a PE on the blame line
so your insurance peeps will pay for the rebuild/damage.

My extremely conservative opinion is just that... my opinion. Others
will differ.

Step 1)  Call Rohn and ask for the manual/specs/limits.

Clay,
KY5G