[TowerTalk] Rohn 25g unguyed height

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Tue Oct 24 07:59:35 EDT 2017

I am far from an expert but every bracketed Rohn 25G tower I have
climbed (several) wobbled in the joints above the top bracket. The
one that I took down showed major elongation of holes in the joint
that was above the top bracket.

I once installed a guyed 25G tower with guys near the top of the
next to last section. It only had a large VHF vertical on top but
was in a very windy location. After two years the bolt holes at the
one joint above the guys were worn so much I had to replace the top
two sections.

I know Rohn gave the OK to bracketed installations for many years
(maybe still does) but personally I will never again put even one
section joint above the uppermost bracket or guys.

Paul

--
Paul
N1BUG  160m-2m         DXCC Honor Roll