[TowerTalk] Turn 80m dipole inv v into something for 30m

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Oct 28 14:19:24 EDT 2017

On 10/28/2017 1:37 PM, Doug Smith wrote:
 > Maybe an 80 / 30 M. fan dipole?

Doesn't work - at least for me.

The 80 meter element is too short but close enough to being resonant on
30 meters that I was never able to tune the 30 meter element so that it
yielded a low SWR (showed resonance) anywhere near the 30 meter band.

> On Oct 28, 2017, at 10:13 AM, W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu at w0mu.com>
> wrote:
 >>
>> I have an 80 inverted V that I would like to transform to something
>> useful for 30m.

Mike, if you need 80 and 30 meters on the same feedline, get a set of
Reyco KW30 traps and make an 80/30 meter trap dipole.  If you don't need
80 meters (the 80 meter inverted V is surplus) cut it down to a proper
30 meter single band antenna.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV