[TowerTalk] Fire hazard with inverted L ??

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Sep 4 17:10:28 EDT 2017

Well, I did begin my post with YMMV. :)

But seriously, over the last decade or so, wildland fires have become
more widespread around the country. I remember driving I-15 through NTX
right after a fire had wiped out a bunch of homes and killed someone on
the highway. Out here in W6, we typically go without rain from early
June to mid-October, so things get very dry, and it doesn't take much to
start something that destroys homes and burns thousands of acres. As
little as a spark from a mower or metallic weed wacker against a rock,
or a hot muffler over dry grass will do it. A few years ago, a truck
driving along Rte 1 S of Santa Cruz was trailing something that threw
sparks that started a fire that burned a dozen or so homes.

73, Jim K9YC