[TowerTalk] Turnbuckles with Rod Sides

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Sep 11 19:55:49 EDT 2017

Man!  70 meter (227 ft) tower with 8 5L 15 meter monobanders. An
installation like that with no safety wires on the turnbuckles.  No
matter the planning, something always gets missed. (I retired as a
project manager at the corporate level for a large multinational
corporation)  I don't know what that tower was,  (looks larger than 55G)
but it makes my 45G look like a toy.  The diagonal braces appear to be
rerod. I assume they are the weldable variety.
That tower was strong. Looking at the lift, there was a lot of tower
beyond the lift point and no visible sag!

Impressive video!

73, Roger (K8RI)