[TowerTalk] 80 meter wire vertical

Fred Keen fredkeen at ymail.com
Wed Sep 13 17:33:15 EDT 2017

Why not a full "cage" as was installed at W1AW? There they used 4 wires separated with rods. Full article was in QST. Reported good bandwidth.
FredKC5YN.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Bill via TowerTalk<towertalk at contesting.com> wrote:
All this talk about 80 meter verticals got me thinking.

For a wire vertical, suppose instead of a single wire, we replaced it with two wires separated by about three or four inches, connected at the bottom and top.

Would the bandwidth be increased?
Would the resonant frequency of the antenna be lowered?
Would there be any advantage to using the two wires?
Would there be any change in impedence?

Bill K4XS/KH7XS