[TowerTalk] Installing a Ham-IV rotor on Tashjian w-51 tower

Bob Richards rwrcon at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 16 15:42:29 EDT 2017

I went all over the inside of the top tower section and found no tabs.
My idea is to drill, tap, and put in short bolts where the tabs should
be, sitting the rotator plate on the bolt heads.  I do plan to contact
Tashjian on Monday before doing this.  Nice to know an experienced W-51
installer had to bend the bracing to install the rotator.  Perhaps I
missed it but I've seen nothing in any of the tower documentation that
describes rotator installation.

I do expect to be pleased with my tower once I get the rotator
installed.  Many thanks to everyone for all the feedback to my questions.

Bob NZ6G