[TowerTalk] TH7 Tuning

Barry Merrill w5gn at mxg.com
Sun Sep 24 22:32:36 EDT 2017

TH-7 Serial Number 1 was sent to Dallas in Feb 1981, after I had ordered a
TH-6
and the factory called to ask if I'd like the first one sold; the other two
TH-7s from their test range were kept by employees.

Judy not yet KA5PQD,
 (later, after she fibbed about joga class only to come home with her
   real Code Novice License)
and I assembled it across Valentine's Day weekend!

That antenna remained at 50 feet on an EZ-way tilt over tower until
2003 when I put up an OB16-3 and CAL-AV 2el 40 on a 72 foot crank up.

A few years ago, my good friend, Dr. Pat Sommier, W5WMU, who became an SK
this past April, picked it up in Dallas and put it up in LA, as I worked
it from both Dallas and Ireland, from LA, and more recently, I worked it
from US and EI after he had installed it at his ME QTH.

If you need spare parts!!

73

Barry, W5GN