[TowerTalk] TH7 Tuning

Ted Boerkamp tboerkamp at cogeco.ca
Sun Sep 24 16:18:10 EDT 2017

Hello everyone...I currently have my TH7 sitting on sawhorses after
rebuilding all the traps and replacing

lot of hardware with new stainless stuff. I know that to properly check the
beam for tuning I have to either

get it off the ground horizontal (up 20 or 30 ft) or stand it up on the
reflector end aimed at the sky

before attaching the analyzer to check the curves.

On the sawhorses, the beam is currently showing 4:1 swr on 20, 1.9 on 15 and
1.6 on 10.

Is this what I should be seeing in this case?? I am hoping to try again
standing it up this afternoon.

The reason for taking the beam down was a problem with 20m showing a flat
2:1 across the band intermittently.

Now it appears to show a curve but resonance is probably below 14mhz and not
in the middle of the band.

Also wondering if the wire harness that holds up both ends of the boom could
be changing things as it is drooped across the

middle elements and I assume shorting things out and changing the resonance.

Any info or suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks

Ted VE3SS

p.s. using a rig expert AA-54 analyzer