[TowerTalk] Old AEA Cablemate Analyst

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro at k4ro.net
Mon Sep 25 14:03:26 EDT 2017

I'm not familiar with that particular device, but I've had a few LCD
displays go bad. Sometimes the displays are connected to the PC board
with a "zebra strip," technically called an elastomeric connector. They
are conductive rubber, and the contact surfaces can become contaminated.
I have "repaired" two pieces of test equipment by cleaning the zebra
strips. If your display has one, it might be worth a shot.

--Kirk K4RO