[TowerTalk] Upgrade

Drew Vonada-Smith drew at whisperingwoods.org
Wed Apr 25 14:36:38 EDT 2018

Kevin,

Consider the JK Mid-Tri/40.  You'll have less load, spend less, and have an antenna with the 40/15M interaction already worked out without the need for you to model it.  Performance will be similar, perhaps better if you consider 40M interactions.  Note that the 40M feedline is seperate, so SO2R etc is still workable.

If you do go with a separate 40M beam, please model your layout to assure good results.  Close stacking of Yagis has compromises.

The mechanicals on the JK antennas are beautiful.  I use the MidTri/40 with good results.  Reliable.

Two yagis on that sI'd say, pack will be a lot easier to deal with than three.  And you probably don't need quite the same monster to be effective on the WARC bands. Put that aluminum more into 20 & 15M.

73,
Drew K3PA

Message: 10