[TowerTalk] messed up wiring to key my amp

terry burge ki7m at comcast.net
Mon Apr 30 15:01:40 EDT 2018

Hi folks,

A few days ago I got the bright idea to try cleaning up my rats nest of wires behind my operating bench and ended up losing two Autek WM-1 watt meters, my P3 panadapter and the keying for my Palstar amp from my K3. I'd like to know is anyone has using something like a single source switch to key both the transceiver and the amp? I'm worried about getting timing issues that might hurt my K3 driving my Palstar HF-2500 from my Heil footswitch The foot switch has dual  leads so it would be easy to just connect one direct to the amp instead of using the Key Out of the K3 which appears to have some kind of issue.

Has anyone used the heil foot switch to do this? Were there any problems? I do have one of those external keying devices from Ameritron or whoever but that would require more wiring and of course another 12 volt power supply. Which is where my problems started in the first place!

Terry

KI7M