[TowerTalk] T2X cable connection at rotor

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Sun Aug 12 18:18:26 EDT 2018

Bob,

The idea for hard-wiring a short pigtail that comes out a hole on the
bottom of the Ham4/T2X is a great one, which is why I've been doing that
for decades :-) The legacy terminal strips on these rotators are a PITA
for sure.

I'll just add that trailer connectors, while good for applications that
require frequent make/break operations, are a little overkill IMO for
rotator connections on the tower. You still want to weatherproof them,
and retrofitting your existing home-run lines is somewhat time consuming.

Here's what I do: I use 8-terminal euro-style terminal blocks to connect
the pig-tail to the home run cable, and simply push the block up into a
short piece of 1.5" PVC pipe with a cap on top, tape the pipe to a tower
leg, and stuff a little sponge material into the bottom of the the pipe
to keep insects out.

Done. Works great.

-Steve K8LX