[TowerTalk] T2X cable connection at rotor

John Birken k2sfs73 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 19:40:15 EDT 2018

*I just to swapped out a tail twister - directional  pot went bad. Norm’s
rotor service was suspicious loose cable connector caused my problem. In my
rotor plug-in connector was loose.  Cause uncertain. Norm was too busy to
quickly repair it so I sent it to Ken Brownson kt4ki at yahoo.com
<kt4ki at yahoo.com> , ROTORTIME.  Good e-ham ratings. He recommended going
back to the screws. He had many problems with the rotor plug in the many
fixed rotors.*

*Having experienced your problem the answer is either way.  Tight triple
tape the rotor connector 1) 3M tape 33 2) 3M tape 80 & 3)3M tape 33.
Winding of outside tape to reduces the stickiness 3M 80 tension tape. You
could also use the black antenna tar. I stopped using it - very hard to
remove. I’m going with the screws but your question is a toss.  Tape
heavily either way with cable mechanical tension in mind. Either of the
above nicely transmits the structural tension that pulls wires/connectors
apart.*

*Good luck,*

*John, K2SFS *
Message: 4