[TowerTalk] My 3El 40M Experience

AB2E Darrell ab2e at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 14:51:03 EDT 2018

I didn't see the early part of the thread so maybe somewhat out of context.

I agree with Bill.

I too picked up a Mosley Pro67C3, gain on 10-40m on a single boom. It's going up later this year on a 75ft crankup tower. My experience early 2000's at my local club station we had a Mosley Pro57. It generally performed well with good gain but the F/B was not great....so that would be my criticism. However, I picked mine up nib/old stock and it's nicely designed with pre-measured element pieces and all color-coded.

By the way, Ramon PZ5RA has a pair of them in service on 2 separate towers. He's always strong in contests.

Bill, wonder what rotor you are using that works well. I;m going to use my old Yaesu 2700-SDX, handles 35sq ft so should be plenty rugged.

The crankup will be the first part of my project (to get gain on 10-40 in one shot).

The 2nd tower going up will be 110ft of Rohn 25, with a pair of Hygain Discoverer-3 antennas phased for 40m.

OK best of luck with the project,

73 Darrell AB2E