[TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 23:58:24 EDT 2018

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 00:04:57 +0200

From: Peter DJ7WW
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax

http://disti-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/cdmelectronics/files/datasheets/4697.pdf
73
Peter

REPLY:The first page says it all. Thanks!
vy 73,Bryan WA7PRC

Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 21:45:45 -0400
From: John KK9A

That is what I use, specifically Belden 8267.  LMR400 is not really not much
better. Assuming that this is not a 100 to 200' tower, why not use the same
coax all the way down the tower and eliminate the top connector?

REPLY:There are several variations of LMRxxx cable. No suffix = solid copper-coated aluminum center conductor. I would avoid it for anything that has to repeatedly flex.
vy 73,Bryan WA7PRC