[TowerTalk] Rotator Bolt Patterns

Dave Sublette k4to.dave at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 15:27:03 EST 2018

This is an interesting problem!  I don't know the answer right off, but you
would need to look at the patterns of several rotators and decide.  But you
could also either redrill the rotator shelf you have now, or buy another
rotator plate (or build it) and drill with the new pattern.

You might also consider mounting aerodynamic plates at the proper point in
your antenna stack to balance the load in wind conditions.  There should be
some software available to do this.  Once upon a time my friend, WA4DRU
(SK) wrote a program to do it.  I have it, but I think it is in Basic or
something that is not popularly used.

Good luck.

Dave, K4TO