[TowerTalk] Rotator Bolt Patterns

terry burge ki7m at comcast.net
Sat Dec 1 20:35:15 EST 2018

I've never found it very easy to match up bolt patterns. Rotors with a flat bottom it would seem like you could copy it to a piece of cardboard or paper to make a pattern you could use easy enough. But the idea of elongating a bolt hole I never figured out how to do without some special equipment. Don't think I ever even seen one. Otherwise I would have one in my shop cause I've always found matching hole in thing much easier with slotted holes on frames or whatever. Best I could do was run the risk of breaking a drill bit by 'trying' to tilt it. And of course that is a risky thing that could just break the drill bit. Done that too many times with light weight drill bits. The last time it was 1/8' on and thanks to Harbor Freight I now have a whole package of just that size which I know will come in very handy.

Always admired true mechinist and the things the knew how to do.

Terry
KI7M