[TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzers

Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H ea1ddo at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 6 05:36:02 EST 2018

I think is good to be clear that is quite different a VNA to use on the top of a tower or field, than on the bench, than in a lab.
You are talking about different things. All of them VNA but different targets, and prices.

VNWA is a very fine piece of engineering for HAM use, at bench. But in my case I need it for field/tower use as well, so a handheld unit is my view, good for tower and bench.

Most ham devices cover HF and some of them VHF. Good for a majority of users.
For those with UHF needs... best handheld VNA I know (not professional devices) is the KC901V or KC901S+.
http://www.deepace.net/kc901v-6-8ghz-handheld-network-analyzer-rf-multimeter/

It is a true two ports VNA, covering from 5 KHz up to 4 GHz or 7GHz, depending on the model.
It includes spectrum analyzer and TDR.
Check this video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN9PKKdFibo&t=25s

73, Maximo