[TowerTalk] Fwd: Rooftop tower as Vertical Antenna

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Tue Dec 18 23:59:27 EST 2018

 I don't think those concrete blocks have any good insulating value but other than that, go for it. You have to figure out some type of common mode choke for the feeders to the existing antennas, though. (That's my only advice. The rest sounds good. You should arrange to put the tuner close to the mast. If you use a coax and put the tuner in the shack you will get rather high losses unless the mast is at resonance. (If it is, you probably don't need a tuner.)
Hans - N2JFS