[TowerTalk] Where Do I go?

Mike Ricketts mike.nd9g at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:58:26 EST 2018

See if you can fine the city's zoning ordinances online. Many locales have
them published and you can read through them before ever talking to them.
Knowing the different areas of their ordinances may help you steer the
conversation.

When I worked with my city for my permit, I had already read through their
ordinance a few times on the various things that could be considered. So
when he wasn't sure what I was referring to, and tried to classify it as a
cell tower, I was able to point him to a different section, that gained me
another 20 feet in height and less restrictions.

Reading through stuff like this, many city ordinances tend to consider
these accessory structures, and the rules are found in the same section. Of
course every place is a bit different.

If you can't find it online, contact the building permit office and ask
them for a copy. these are probably the same people who would be signing
off on the tower permit anyway.

73,
Mike ND9G