[TowerTalk] Planning for the next move...

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Feb 8 16:30:59 EST 2018

Yes.

Since I started this, the thread has gone round and round. My point,
which may have been lost, is that buying a home is one of the most
financially significant things we do, and finding out year or two later
that we overlooked something critical can be VERY costly to fix. In the
business world, doing your homework is called "due diligence." When a
bad decision can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, it's crazy not
to do that homework.

We should not expect a real estate agent to KNOW all the intricacies of
local laws, especially about something as specialized as ham antennas.
And while many (most?) people try to be honest, some are not, and many
don't know what they don't know. And then there's mendacity. If you've
never run into any of these conditions, either you've led a very
sheltered life or you're ignorant of your surroundings. :)  There's an
old saying among news reporters and editors -- "If your mother says she
loves you, check it out!"

73, Jim K9YC