[TowerTalk] Weather station on tower

Steve K7AWB k7awbgoog at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 20:34:28 EST 2018

In finishing my rohn 45 tower with buried feedlines, control cables, etc. and a couple of hf  antennas  into a Ratpack switch, I might add a weather station to let me know direction and magnitude of wind there, etc.

For any of you who use a radio tower for the side mounting of an outdoor Wx station, do you:

Have any interference to the ham station from the Wx station?

Likewise, any interference from the station amplifiers to the Wx station?  I use an alpha 9500 amp into a 6-el 20 meter  yagi at the top at 90 feet.

Lightning damage to station sensors that seem to mounted in plastic molded enclosures?

The Wx stations I am looking at are in the $$ range of 150 to 250.

Steve k7awb