[TowerTalk] A-577 guy anchors

Byron Tatum bjtatum1 at att.net
Thu Feb 22 17:51:32 EST 2018

 Just a note-   The reason I used a bolt through the triple eye, versus a clevis or shackle, is the fact that due to size of shackle body (enlargements where bolt threads in) the shackle (and bolt) would be a couple of sizes smaller. So, by using method of passing a bolt through triple eye and equalizer plates I could use a larger bolt and have the strength I wanted. The hole size through triple eye is limiting for larger shackle sizes.    The shackle would make for a little neater looking assembly as the equalizer plates would not be spread so much, but I could not get a 1" shackle through the triple eye. Byron W5FH