[TowerTalk] Balanced Transmission Line

Riki, K7NJ k7nj at awinets.com
Fri Feb 23 19:02:07 EST 2018

I'm currently in the planning stage of replacing a very long length of coax
with open wire line with appropriate transformers at each end.   So far,
I've only been able to find 450 ohm line, commonly called "ladder line" that
has a significant amount of dielectric material between the conductors.
Because of expected UV degradation of the exposed dielectric, I would much
rather use a line that had small rods as spacers.  I had seen such
commercially available lines many years ago, but so far have not been able
to find any online. Also, it could be advantageous to use a higher impedance
line.  In summary, I would very much appreciate information about
commercially available balanced line constructed to minimize UV degradation.
Characteristic impedances (Zo) of 450 ohms and higher are all of interest.
73, Riki, K7NJ

---