[TowerTalk] Suggestions for a free standing 120ft tower?

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Tue Feb 27 17:17:54 EST 2018

>So 120 feet free standing with a good size beam (or multiple), cables, rotator(s) that can withstand 100Mph (+?) is going to cost you, my estimate, many 10’s of thousands installed. (Materials and professional labor)."

And, assuming the tower is fully assembled on the ground and a crane (or two) is rented, that's another large amount in addition to the base mat or pad & pier base.  Two cranes with 190 ft. extensions cost us $3,500 for the *day* to mount 100 ft. and 140 ft. self-supporting towers and all antennas on the masts.  It was actually less expensive to rent two cranes than one since we could accomplish the goal in one day rather than two as one crane had a service basket for quickly getting antennas mounted.  We paid a non-commercial rate as the same crane owner has been used over the past few years.

Paul, W9AC