[TowerTalk] Suggestions for a free standing 120ft tower?

Rob N1KEZ rob at n1kez.net
Tue Feb 27 16:54:10 EST 2018

New regulations (G standard) have upped the criteria a lot. I’m using and ANWireless 60HD to meet the wind specs, with Optibeam 12-6. I’m located on a ridge crest. Wind acceleration and local requirements (OR WashCo) needed to have the tower be compliant up to 130MpH. My argument about me being more concerned about my house in that case, didn’t matter. Nor the fact that the tower won’t hit anything in case of a failure...

So 120 feet free standing with a good size beam (or multiple), cables, rotator(s) that can withstand 100Mph (+?) is going to cost you, my estimate, many 10’s of thousands installed. (Materials and professional labor)

I’m enjoying the tower every day. I’m over the shock of the cost that - all in - was about twice the amount as I guessed before familiarizing myself. I had it installed professionally and didn’t have to lift a finger myself. While all good, excellent even, if I had to do it again, I would also evaluate heavy duty guyed to see what I can save.

Every situation is unique so, I hope that describing mine is useful.

73 & gud DX
Rob de N1KEZ
Sent from my mobile device.
Please excuse brevity and errorz.